Be Strong and Courageous

My whole life it has hung over me 

Like the sword of Damocles,

Reminding me who I am not.


I am weak and I am tired.

I struggle to find the strength to trudge.

I'd rather let anyone else do it.


I am meek and I am timid.

I am scared of even the possibility of failure.

I want nothing more than to blend in.


I am terrified: scared I'm not good enough.

Scared I'll let down the people I love.

Scared of trying my hardest and my best still not being good enough.


I am discouraged: I eat because I'm unhappy.

I'm unhappy because I eat.

The only guarantee seems to be me being too weak to be better.


I'd be a lot more comfortable taking God with me if I could leave myself at home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clobbered

Billionaires

Hypocrite