The Lord's (Slightly More Honest and Rambling) Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven, (At least, I think I believe you are. [most of the time. {certainly, some days I believe it more than others.}])
hallowed be thy name. (Maybe even so hallowed you wouldn't bother listening to someone like me.)
Thy kingdom come, (At least, the version of the kingdom I believe in.)
Thy will be done, (When it doesn't inconvenience me or force me to get too uncomfortable.)
On earth as it is in heaven. (It seems doubtful it could make things worse at this point.)
Give us this day our daily bread, (and maybe the discernment to know what the hell I actually need to go along with it.)
And forgive us our debts (Student loans especially)
As we forgive our debtors. (Money, sure, but I'd like to hang on to the emotional IOUs as long as possible.)
And lead us not into temptation, (Who needs to be led? At this point it's harder not to find temptation.)
But deliver us from evil. (Especially the secret evil lurking inside our hearts we're afraid to let anyone else see.)
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. (I hope.) Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clobbered

Billionaires

Hypocrite