The People Who God Doesn't Hate

My stomach is twisted up in knots
Because of the people who God doesn't hate.
It feels unjust, it seems ill-advised
That I should have to wait
For them to be humbled and brought low, 
Condemned to their awful fate:
But that's not happening where I think it should 
To the people who God doesn't hate. 

My secret rage, it burns against
The people that God doesn't hate. 
I want them to suffer, I want them to pay; 
With interest, an exorbitant rate!
But God refuses to comply
No matter how much I shout and cry
Ignoring my plaintive pleas of why
About the people who God doesn't hate. 

If I were honest with myself
I'm someone's person who God doesn't hate. 
And in the end I trust the plan
Of the one who holds our fate. 
But that doesn't mean that I don't struggle
To love and appreciate
All the people who God loves
That I would rather hate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clobbered

Billionaires

Hypocrite