Face to Face
No more guilt or shame or pain
Once I see him face to face.
Once I see him face to face.
I'll no longer merely know but see and feel
What it's like to be covered by his grace.
I'll find myself free in a wide-open space
Beyond the suffering and weight of this place
Finally able to move at my own unhurried pace
Once I see him face to face.
Depression and anxiety will have to flee
Once I'm standing before his throne.
The feelings of loneliness will fade away.
I'll know I've never been alone.
All this time I should have known
There was a place to call home
Away from the empty, desolate places I roam
To be found before his throne.
The crowds, they shouted "Crucify!"
On the day he gave us his all.
The men who would follow "even unto death"
Abandoned him and their holy call.
They watched their savior fall
Their backs against the wall
As humanity dropped the collective ball
On the day he gave us his all.
But death couldn't stop the risen Christ
When he rolled the stone away.
His body restored from death to life
On what began as a dismal Sunday.
He came to show us a more excellent way
Teaching us how to live and to pray
Risen again on the third day
When he rolled the stone away.
He's coming back again one day
To bring his kingdom here.
He'll abolish sadness, mourning, and grief
As he wipes away every tear.
On that day there'll be nothing to fear
The kingdom made whole that has been drawing near.
Then our joy will be made whole
As the kingdom will finally be here.
Comments
Post a Comment