Streets, Rainbows, and Neighborhoods: Oh My!
A milquetoast day,
No clouds to sweep away,
But the air's still not sweet.
Maybe you can tell me how to get
To someplace like Sesame Street?
Butterfly in the air,
But I've hung up my wings and I wouldn't dare
To climb so high, up in the sky,
So instead I wallow.
Can I go anywhere?
I'm looking for something more
But still I'm unsure.
Can I do anything?
Look deep inside but still I hide
From who I could be.
I remember beautiful days in this neighborhood,
Ways I could (and I still should)
Try to be kind
Open my mind
And try to be a neighbor.
And the words are still there
The knowledge remains
But the roadmap is covered in blotchy stains
And I can't remember how
We get there now:
I wish I still trusted my neighbors.
No clouds to sweep away,
But the air's still not sweet.
Maybe you can tell me how to get
To someplace like Sesame Street?
Butterfly in the air,
But I've hung up my wings and I wouldn't dare
To climb so high, up in the sky,
So instead I wallow.
Can I go anywhere?
I'm looking for something more
But still I'm unsure.
Can I do anything?
Look deep inside but still I hide
From who I could be.
I remember beautiful days in this neighborhood,
Ways I could (and I still should)
Try to be kind
Open my mind
And try to be a neighbor.
And the words are still there
The knowledge remains
But the roadmap is covered in blotchy stains
And I can't remember how
We get there now:
I wish I still trusted my neighbors.
Comments
Post a Comment