Acrostic Love

She is the core of my heart,
The one who drives me to try and be better,
My muse, my Atlas who holds up the sky,
My Artemis who shines like the moon at night.

Her arms steady my soul, wrapped tight around me. 
I can lift heavy things, but her? She's the strong one. 
There's no better way to end my day than head on her heart,
Listening to the reassuring rhythm of its beat. 

Every now and then I'm stupid enough to forget. 
Forget how incredibly lucky I am to be married to an angel,
A radiant being who blesses me with her attention,
Because sometimes I'm an idiot. 

Lest I make the mistake of not reminding you,
You are the best thing that ever happened
To an idiot like me. 
I love you fiercely, truly, deeply. 

Love like this doesn't happen every day. 
It may not burn like a raging fire
Or look like much from the outside,
But inside our love I find everything I need. 

East to West, North to South, 
You're the only one for me. 
I could look for a thousand years without ever finding
A heart more perfectly matched to my own. 

You are everything to me. 
Nothing else could ever compare
To the wonderful girl with golden hair and golden eyes. 
The answer to all of my various whys. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clobbered

Billionaires

Hypocrite