The Dragonslayer

There once was a knight of great courage,
Dashing, handsome, and true.
He saved many a helpless fair maiden;
Slaying monsters, protecting virtue. 

One day he passed a great cavern
Billowing smoke, ominous and dread. 
He gathered his fortitude, preparing to charge,
Then decided to sneak off instead. 

"I'm brave, but what was I thinking?"
He pondered as he rode on by. 
"I've faced mighty foes, but a dragon?
I'm afraid I'm just not that guy."

Then all down the road he was haunted
By what the dragon might do. 
Pillaging, slaughtering, burning of fields,
Whilst the finger points squarely at you. 

So, he turned his horse back to the chasm,
Charging gallantly into the fray. 
But all that he found was a small cook fire
Smoldering in the heat of the day.

So, what is the lesson to be learned here?
Sometimes dragons fill us with dread. 
But, before you flee, take a second to see
If maybe it's all in your heard. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clobbered

Billionaires

Hypocrite