Pentecost
Who am I on this day, God?
A disciple waiting in fear?
A face in the crowd, completely unaware
Of what powerful things you are waiting to do?
Part of me wishes I was drunk at nine in the morning.
Maybe that would numb the fear of worrying
I might never feel your spirit move again.
I want to move in you, God,
But I'm too weak.
Too weak to do it all alone,
Too weak to do it even when I ask for help.
I need a Pentecost moment to empower me.
Can your spirit come rushing into my life again?
I have been singing the song of lament for endless years;
Teach me a new song today.
A song of power, a song of praise,
A song full of hope and joy.
Draw me out of this dreary upper room
And reignite my smoldering soul.
A disciple waiting in fear?
A face in the crowd, completely unaware
Of what powerful things you are waiting to do?
Part of me wishes I was drunk at nine in the morning.
Maybe that would numb the fear of worrying
I might never feel your spirit move again.
I want to move in you, God,
But I'm too weak.
Too weak to do it all alone,
Too weak to do it even when I ask for help.
I need a Pentecost moment to empower me.
Can your spirit come rushing into my life again?
I have been singing the song of lament for endless years;
Teach me a new song today.
A song of power, a song of praise,
A song full of hope and joy.
Draw me out of this dreary upper room
And reignite my smoldering soul.
Comments
Post a Comment